Sunday 28 February 2010

Last MM session today

Sunday
Tip of the day. Do not show boat on the last successful attempt and throw down a 200-kilo bar with what was meant to be contempt. Because it'll bite you on the arse by clipping you on the right knee as it goes past. It hurt (and still does) like a BITCH!! Fortunately not in a way that will prevent me competing, just in a 'oh that's gonna bruise nicely' and 'how much skin did I just peel off?' kind of way. Good grief.

@ GN

Double over hand thick bar deadlifts
Bar (35kg) x 12 reps - easy
75-kilos x 3 reps - easy
105-kilos x 1 rep - easyish
135-kilos x 1 rep. All the above done with support belt only
165-kilos x 1 rep. Lever belt as well from this point forward.
185-kilos x 1 rep.
200-kilos x 3 x 1 reps - see note above re whacking the hell out of my knee. I was giving the large one going 'all fucking day' etc only to give my right tear drop / quad muscle an almighty wallop as the bar went past on the throw down. Guess who's a dick. Regardless this is my best ever session pre-competition.

Oh if you've not yet checked it out check my new site Steve Gardener

2 comments:

Thanks for your comment. I'm looking for worldwise submissions, additions and constructive comments. I reserve the right to remove, edit and if need be go raving mad. :)