Tuesday 19 January 2010

Training for the Arnold

As I have said elsewhere training for such an event adds a certain dash of something extra to ons work in the gym. I pinned a poster to the wall which states 'you're going to the Arnold, bring your a-game!' to remind me to take things up a notch.

I am sure my contemporaries will being having the same sense or urgency. Key is, of course, not to over do it, but to use these feelings to get that extra rep, add another few lbs to the bar and so on. In my case and by way of example my best/PB on the double overhand thick bar deadlift is what I did at Chad's event - 441lbs. The official record is a little over 20lbs more. I know that
Andrew Durnait has had air under 500+ but not in competition. Now Andrew and the rest of those chosen inc me have all pulled around 500lbs if not more in the usual style and with a normal bar so with work we can do the same again... but raising my effort from 441 to 500... it's another ball game.

Of course having a crowd of 8000 cheering you on, considering this THE opportunity of a life time AND maybe winning a $1000... I'm guessing I'll pull a good deal more than 441lbs come the time. As it's a fixed weight... get in I will do my damnedest in the gym to get at the very least a rep. That does mean that we all could have done this before as I think I wont be the only one.

Time will tell.

Pressure to perform? Oh yeah. Bring it on. I do my best under pressure. BRING IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I'm looking for worldwise submissions, additions and constructive comments. I reserve the right to remove, edit and if need be go raving mad. :)