Tuesday 26 January 2010

Getting ready for Mighty Mitts

So it looks like no help will be forthcoming (other than the opportunity to be up on stage etc etc naturally) from the other side. So I booked my flight Friday and I have a very nice GB buddy sorting my accommodation/ride to and from/catering (what a nice man!!).

A bigger issue, probably bigger for me because I have higher costs coming the furthest, is seeing what I can do to try and earn some of the cash I'll have laid out back. With 10 guys lifting and only 4 cash prizes (there's no 2nd, 3rd etc and at best we get to split the 1st place $1000) there will be at least 6 guys, possibly less, out of pocket.

So the obvious thing to do is try and get support or sponsorship. MHP are sponsoring the event (ie: putting up the cash prizes) so obviously we wear MHP shirts on stage. If I win a single event I am just about up over what it'll cost me. probably by around $100.00 or about £60.00 but I am looking to see if I can either win some goodies on other challenges some of the companies there have or work with another company (promoting them, running a challenge) much as I am to be at the Bodypower event @ the NEC in May.

The first to show interest, at least from a promoting the grip world (an aim of all the grip guys including myself) is Dave Palumbo of RX Muscle / Species Nutrition. RX, of which I am member, is a 100,000+ members forum. With some great videos, online radio shows and more even an edited down to a few minutes video will be seen by 10's of thousands of potential new grip freaks. Plus, who knows, some might wanna buy a Gripper e-book.... sweet :D

I also had a call from Chris (www.iharts.com) yesterday regarding the how and why of the 2 shows (1 on the 22nd May and one the day after) on the main power stage. It's all moving along.

So why, or is it just me, do I feel a little 'off' today? Hmm...

2 comments:

  1. If you need to be poorly do it now and get it out of your system. Seriously. A few weeks before contest time avoid like the plague anyone sneezing or feeling unwell. Theres also the norovirus going around (throwing up)so good hygiene and avoid the company of children (you know what I mean) as schools are thick with it. You'll be gutted if you go to the states and don't perform at 100%.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lol, not that kind of 'off'. More lack the extra fire. Mind you that was yesterday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I'm looking for worldwise submissions, additions and constructive comments. I reserve the right to remove, edit and if need be go raving mad. :)