Thursday 14 January 2010

The Great Mighty Joe Rollino

For my shame I see I'm late to read up on the death of Joe Rollino. Several sites have been covering it, it's been mentioned on TV and even the NY Times gave the grand old man of strength some space. That he, at age 104+, was a character seems to be agreed. That he was one of us - is also not in dispute. I never met Joe but did meet what was probably his British counterpart prior to his death, Joe Assirati. Both were as full of vim, vigour, wind and piss (in a good way) at the age most of the rest of us (90+ for Joe A) they still seemed ready to get down and kick some ass. Indeed at the end of my visit Joe Assirati was off to watch a big league football match. I think he was 94.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I'm looking for worldwise submissions, additions and constructive comments. I reserve the right to remove, edit and if need be go raving mad. :)