Wednesday 15 June 2011

Trey Brewer... why??

Pictures have emerged in the last few days of a guest posing Trey recently did at what appears to be a natural Bodybuilding event. To say he looks out of condition is an understatement.

He's not the first pro (or soon-to-be-pro) to appear on stage in less than stellar condition but he's abusing, in my opinion, the privilege. In his case, after a quick search via Google, it appears it's not the first time. I've seen links to comments from 2007!!

Now, as has been inferred, being a little heavy and carrying SOME fat and or water off-season is to be expected. It's normal. The mags may well give the impression that Mr Joe is always in shape etc etc but this just isn't true. If you happen to catch a pro around the Olympia... well then you'll see someone at close to their best condition. By the same token appearing to be 9 months gone, saggy and worse... and get paid? C'mon!! Hell the little expo work I do from time to time I still need to be able to demonstrate some level of strength even if it's not my very best level.

Link to photos here

I'd be interested in your thoughts.

2 comments:

  1. It’s very important to do exercise and training in a daily routine so to have a perfect body and also our health in a good mode. So I will suggest doing training and exercises daily. This will help you to maintain a good health and body. So do always exercise and training. But make sure not to do overtraining.
    Athletic tape

    ReplyDelete
  2. I disagree in principle. My grip training is not as impactful on the CNS (recovery) as a leg or back workout. The typical trainee, of average genetics, does not need to train every day nor is there benefit in doing so.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I'm looking for worldwise submissions, additions and constructive comments. I reserve the right to remove, edit and if need be go raving mad. :)