Tuesday 7 June 2011

Caffeine everywhere!!

One of the lads I coach came in for a session today with his bag of Bodypower Expo samples. My god... nigh one every product had a form of caffeine in them. Pre-workout... check, stimulant... check, fat burner.... what else! Even a few of the protein samples I've previously seen can also contain a small amount.

The issue, as I explained it to him, was that in a few cases the amount per anything (gram, serving etc) was NOT LISTED. The (US based usually) proprietary blend excuse means that while they will admit to it being in there they aren't telling you how much. Now most research indicates that above a certain point you'll either start getting nothing back - meaning the body becomes so immune to its effects you may as well not have bothered or, if susceptible, may even get the shakes or, worse still, heart murmurs and other nasty symptoms.

Some companies, when pushed, will tell you the amount. So ask!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I'm looking for worldwise submissions, additions and constructive comments. I reserve the right to remove, edit and if need be go raving mad. :)