Wednesday 1 June 2011

Bodypower done... Vahalla Festival next

Bodypower was an even greater success than before. While we still await official figures I am certain that the larger space and greater numbers (as witnessed by myself over the two days) will be better than in previous years. That they have now announced an additional day for next year (Friday will be a half day - possibly trade only) seems also to indicate the success.

For my part I worked with www.ultimategrip.co.uk on stand C60. Bringing down my usual array of grip tools the rough welded penny pinch is still the winner in getting people to come and look at the wares. I also helped Denny Felix by running both the pro and am Ironmind Rolling Thunder challenges over on the strength arena. Taking part in the pro portion I managed to keep my name by placing a tied (with 200kg, 6'8 Brian Shaw) 2nd while current record holder Mark Felix pulled ahead into first. The 19 or so amateurs were witnessed by BP representatives (I refereed) and there's already interest in holding another event next year.

Up next is the Valhalla Festival in Essex in July, co-promoted by Scott Horton et al. With a Viking theme it's gonna be a long one - noon through to 11pm with Fireworks, strongman, sword fighting.... you name it. Expected numbers are 10,000 over the two days. You coming?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I'm looking for worldwise submissions, additions and constructive comments. I reserve the right to remove, edit and if need be go raving mad. :)