Monday 21 December 2009

New British single lift 2 hand pinch record

In spite of an awful bad back and what was a freezing cold day I finally managed to pull more than 115-kilos on the two hand pinch. Taking 106.7 as my opener and pulled it no sweat (NB all unscaled). I added 5-kilos (what I thought was 111.7) and again made it. I took my time and added another 5-kilos (taking weights off and adding heavier ones) to what on paper should have been 116.7-kilos or about 700 or so grammes more than the current world record (approx a pound). The lift was solid as a rock and I had time to give it the large, while holding the pin solidly against the bar required, to a nearby camera. I then emulated Jedd's recent WWE style tirade asking 'who's No 1??' and more. Ahh but the scales said 'not you, not yet'.

In spite of my weighing the weight 2 more times it came out at 115.5-kilos or 254.63lbs (first reading was as per 2 videos 115.8). Now that's a British single lift event record but a teeny weeny bit short of the WR. I checked the skin on my thumbs and felt good enough for another 4th and final attempt. So I asked for a 1/2-kilo disc to be added to each side taking the weight to 116.5-kilos or 256.83lbs but alas not enough steam. I managed a few inches but that was it.
Dark video here (having loads of problems getting a lighter version up)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I'm looking for worldwise submissions, additions and constructive comments. I reserve the right to remove, edit and if need be go raving mad. :)