Monday 12 October 2009

Whey Power Challenge

As per the last few the Whey Power Challenge is our informal gathering held annually the last weekend before Xmas. There are no prizes (although you do need to be a BHSA member if any grip lifts are records for them to be recognized) and no entry fees. All are welcome to join us for an in town at a local pub 3-course Xmas dinner (more later but as per - deposit may be required and if we get more than 20 (as usual) we usually ask for selections to be made ahead of time).

Date: December 19th
Time: 10am*
*start time is flexible and depends on lifts you wish to take part in. But we will be booking the tables at the pub for 2.30pm so we must end 2pm latest and it;'s a 10-20min walk into town.
Events: Usual 5 lift format consisting of
1) Overhead- 1 arm dumbbell is favoured this year with many trying a dumbbell snatch (most found 100lbs or so 'easy' so expect more). However, as per, with their being no prize if you wished to do a big one armed clean and press / jerk no one would hold that against you. You can compete with one or both arms. Biggest weight = most kudos.
2) Squat - assuming my oh so damned fragile back holds together I may even have a crack at this myself.
3) Bench Press - usual no silly shirts rule applies (only cos it's a lot of faffing around). I'll take my usual touch-n-go style but we can ref with a pause if you wish. Spotters will be fellow competitors and we have a choice of 'in the rack' or 'use our bench'. I'm hoping to get 200-kilos this time.
4) Deadlift - Assorted bars to choose from. My personal preference is for the 2-inch / axle and I'm hoping to get 217.5-kilos double overhanded and thus 2.5kg more than the current WR (again back allowing).
5) Grip - assuming my backs not shattered into tiny fragments and I'm not pulling what little hair I have out with last minute dinner questions (no you cannot pay me next Tuesday) it's the 2 hand pinch. My aim to to break the world record (115kg).

If you're up for it let me know. Dinner info and updates to follow nearer the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I'm looking for worldwise submissions, additions and constructive comments. I reserve the right to remove, edit and if need be go raving mad. :)