Thursday 15 October 2009

Mobster training log and thoughts

Thursday
On a schedule today with the day written out to see if I can 1) stick to it and 2) be more efficient. That said as per I've left the bloody phone over the road... but I'm on the clock so... One of the new guys supposedly training with me today... no sign. Useless*.

Stretched then
CG Bench
60-kilos x 8 reps, 100-kilos x 8 reps (usual small twinge in right shoulder but now in front), 140-kilos x 1 rep, 157.5-kilos x 6 x 1 reps (No 4 easiest and No 6 toughest)

s/s with

LPD
60-kilos x 8 reps, 100-kilos x 8 reps, 145-kilos x 7, 7, 6 reps

cont s/s bench with

Low row
60-kilos x 8 reps, 90-kilos x 8 reps, switched to one arm at a time with 60-kilos x 2 x 6 reps @ arm

*thought (oft repeated mind) of the day:
I've found myself repeating a statement pretty much like this - we turn away lad after lad from the gates who ask 'can I train in the gym' or similar. I tell them again and again that it's not a standard gym. Now I, like anyone, could always do with a few more quid and some of that could come from coaching. But the moment most actually get a taste of the real thing... they're away. IF he had managed to turn up even late I was going to fuck him off. He apparently wants to train to be able to join the Marines. Well GOOD TIMEKEEPING AND DISCIPLINE are a part of that you dozy moron. Not even a 'I wont be there cos' call. And they wanna train with us. Pish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I'm looking for worldwise submissions, additions and constructive comments. I reserve the right to remove, edit and if need be go raving mad. :)